Creating a character on the Public Test Realm (PTR)
Poyzon has created this guide which should help you create a character on the Public Test Realm (PTR) and download the PTR client so that you can play.
- Go to World of Warcraft Community Site
- On the left side of the page, click on Account Management.
- Log in, if prompted.
- Choose your game account to manage, if prompted (you will only see this if you have multiple WoW accounts merged with a single BNet account)
- Log in to BNet, if prompted.
- Look for a link titled PTR Character Copy (should be in the middle column of the page under Free Services). Click it.
- Choose a WoW account, if prompted. (You will only see this if you have multiple WoW accounts merged with a single BNet account)
- Choose to either Copy Your Character (if you want to use your own) or Copy Premade Character (if you want a max level character with high level raid dungeon equipment).
- Choose one of the available characters by clicking Copy Character next to the one you want.
- Choose the realm you want to copy the character to. (As of this guide, Anasterian (PvP) and Broxigar (PvE) are available).
- Click the Continue button.
- Read the disclaimers and click Yes, Copy Me!
- At this point you may see a Character Copy Successful! message. From here you can copy another character or finish. If you don’t see this message, you’re probably in a queue to have your character copied over.
- If you click Finish, you will be taken to a page where you can download the client.
- Choose PC or Mac for your download.
- Save the install program to your drive and run it.
- Incomplete/Unconfirmed: I haven’t verified the following, so if someone wants to do some leg work and add a reply with the next steps, I’ll update this guide.
- Install the PTR version (I’m guessing to a folder separate from your normal WoW installation).
- When setup is complete, run the PTR version of WoW and log in.
- If you have recently changed your password on your account, you might have to use the old password.
Test Realm Forum: World of Warcraft – English (NA) Forums -> Test Realm Forum